The Wandering Angler tours specializes in family & group fly fishing trips of varying sizes in Wyoming’s most beautiful fishing spots. Whether it’s your family’s first time on the river or another fly-fishing trip to add to the books, it will be an experience never to forget.
We have experience in guiding anglers of all skill levels and all ages. Some of our favorite fly trips are with our Little Anglers.
Rivers We Guide On:
The Snake River: A 13-mile scenic float from Wilson to South Park. This section is has many braids and allows guides to take channels that are small and wadable. The Snake River is the only river that is home to the Snake River Fine Spotted Cutthroat Trout. The Average fish is 12-14 inches, with a chance at fish in the 16-20 inch range.
The Green River: The Green River is a remote watershed near the Wind River Mountain Range. This river holds mostly German Brown and Rainbow trout. The average fish size is 14-18 inches, with chances at fish well over 20 inches. Imagine that family photo!
The Salt River: A smaller river named after the salt beds that holds mostly Cutthroat and Brown trout. This river flows into the Palisades Reservoir which also holds water from the Snake in the Jackson area.
- We provide all the necessary fishing gear, including spin fishing gear!
- For the colder months we offer waders, boots, puffy coats, and rain jackets.
- Ice cold cooler full of water.
- Snacks on board for both half and full day trips.
What’s Not Included:
- $14 fishing license (Children 13 and under with a licensed adult do not need a license.)
- Guests are welcome to bring their own lunch.
- Hat and Sunglasses are a must. Sunglasses protect the eyes from the sun and any errand hooks.
- Long sleeves and pants can help with both the occasional bug and sun.
- Water shoes can be helpful, but if guests wants to keep their feet dry it is not a problem.
Book Your Trip:
- Please call 307-699-3986 to reserve your spot. Marc or Kirstin (owners) are more than happy to discuss the best boat options for your family or group, river conditions, bug life and more!
- Our service has a 2 week cancellation policy. Full payment is required to book a trip.